Today is my youngest daughter’s high school graduation. It’s a day to reflect on accomplishments of the past and dream of the future. It’s easy to get stuck in the reminiscing of yesterdays, because it’s those memories that have carried us into today. It’s also easy to get stuck in the possibilities of tomorrows, dreaming of what’s to come.
I’m pressing the pause button just for a moment to savor the joy of today.
- I’m thankful for Courtney’s laughter.
- I appreciate her generous heart.
- I respect her perseverance.
- I’m glad she helps me grow by challenging me.
- I’m honored she often wants to spend time with me.
- I’m blessed to be her mom.
- I’m inspired by her growing faith.
Graduation is an exciting time, filled with eager anticipations and trepidations of what tomorrow holds. Transitions are thrilling and frightening. I invite you to join me in praying for my daughter and the many young women and men who are embarking on a new season of life. We’ve invested in their lives for years; let’s not stop now!
Each Sunday on the Pure Purpose blog, I feature This Week’s 7, a simple list about an everyday topic, giving you ideas and encouragement. Thanks for joining me today!