It is in my heart now to make a covenant with Yahweh, the God of Israel so that His burning anger may turn away from us. My sons, don’t be negligent now, for the Lord has chosen you to stand in His presence, to serve Him, and to be His ministers and burners of incense.” (2 Chronicles 29:10-11)
King Hezekiah spoke these words. I didn’t. I’m not in the exact same situation, but there is certainly a lot I can learn from Hezekiah’s words. Perhaps you can, too.
- Know what is “in your heart.”
- Make a covenant with God.
- Don’t be negligent.
- Accept you have been chosen to stand in His presence.
- Know you have been chosen to serve Him.
- Respond to having been chosen as His minister.
Maybe you want to leave out one or more of these directions, but they all fit together. And they apply to each of us, perhaps more than we want.
Instead of hesitation, we can respond with humble honor and bold obedience.