Each Monday on the Pure Purpose blog, I feature This Week’s 7, a simple list about an everyday topic, giving you ideas and encouragement. Today’s post is the third in a series on service. It’s written from a woman’s perspective. That’s what I know best (although I’m still learning to apply these principles!), but I’m confident you’re smart enough to shift perspectives if needed.
- Get to know him…again. People change. Don’t assume interests, knowledge, and routines will remain the same.
- Do something unexpected without mentioning it, especially if it’s a job you don’t particularly like.
- Make a special dinner. Think “favorite dishes,” even if you have to call your mother-in-law for them.
- Hold your criticism. Be encouraging.
- Don’t expect to be all things to your spouse. Encourage him to have guy friends who hold him accountable.
- Appreciate your man. Nothing builds a man up more than respect. Nothing tears him down faster than disrespect.
- Be willing to say “I’m sorry” and “I was wrong.” A little humility goes a long way in building a relationship.
It is hard to find a good wife, because she is worth more than rubies. Her husband trusts her completely. With her, he has everything he needs. She does him good and not harm for as long as she lives. Proverbs 31:10-12