Get rid of the stuff that separates you from God.
It’s a simple statement. It’s not unique. We hear it in many forms, yet when I heard it recently, I paused.
No matter how close I feel to God, there is stuff that separates me from him. When I don’t feel close to him, it doesn’t mean I’m not. In fact, it’s not about my feelings. I need to be more authentic about my relationship with him, and that includes two of us: me and God. To consider what is separating us, I have to consider a broader perspective.
- What have I allowed to take root that God wants to uproot or prune?
- In what timing and approach does he want to discipline and refresh me?
- What does his character reveal about our relationship?
- How do his truth and promises guide my next steps?
- How can God’s perspective influence mine?
Get rid of the stuff that separates you from God is a simply phrase, but it’s an ever-changing challenge and encouragement. We grow because of it if we’re willing.
Take time today to consider if you’re willing.